Saturday, August 4, 2012

When Choosing Surgery

I have found that the traditional Laparoscopy is less invasive than the Robotic procedure. Firstly, with the traditional Laparoscopy you only have one insertion point which is the navel, where maybe two to three cuts will be made; where with the Robotic procedure there may be three to four entry points(ie. navel, lower right side, lower left side and upper right/left side, this procedure is suppose to be less invasive and less healing time. I found this to be untrue due to it took me two weeks longer to heal verses the traditional Laparoscopy which only took a two week recovery time. It is very important to research all surgical options due to the fact that more than one procedure may have to be conducted. You want to choose the one that will have less scar tissue, less recovery time, less pain and minimal scars. I often say I would rather have a surgeon control the instruments rather than a Robot.

No comments:

Post a Comment