Monday, October 8, 2012

If surgery is needed which is the best method?

I've been thinking about how and why are gynogologist using the Robotic surgery verses the Bikini cut to remove the female organs? I question how these organs can be removed through such tiny icisions...I believe it's because I've encountered several women who indicated after being told that they were having Robotic surgery ended up having the Binki cut or vaginal surgery due to certain orgains couldn't be removed Robotically so, they ended up having three to five incisions verses one straight line. I'm glad my surgeon did the Bikini verses Robotic; I've had Robotic to burn cells of Endo and was told it would be "less invasive" but to me the pain/recovery was more intense, it could've been due to how many surgeries I had, had prior. However, if had to do it again Robotics would never be a choice. I say all this because if you're a woman who has had many abdominal surgeries for Endo/Cervical Cancer Robotics may not be a wise choice but dicuss it in great depth with your Doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment